Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm home today with a sick kid. Austin had been complaining of a sore throat for the past couple of days and I was blowing it off because I thought he was just faking in order to sleep in my room. Well last night he had pizza for dinner and only ate a little bit which is not like him. Then this morning, I made him his usual waffle with peanut butter and he ate a couple of bites and then threw up. He doesn't have a fever or anything and I'm almost positive that it's sinus related. He is also complaining that his ear hurts and when I touch under his eyes (where his sinuses are) he says it hurts. So I've been giving him cold medicine and tylenol. He's just been pretty much laying around all day. The joys of being a mom.

Tonight we are having a little birthday get together for Ry at the Race Track Inn of all places. Ry is excited and Jason picked out some pretty cool presents for him. Tomorrow I'm actually going to get out of the house for most of the day. We are going to Denise & John's to celebrate Ry's birthday and then going to Lansing to watch Julia's indoor soccer game. I don't know how well I'll hold up during that. Since it's at an indoor place, I'm hoping that it's not just bleachers because I won't be able to sit on those for long and I won't be able to stand for long. I may bring some sort of pillow to sit on to keep me more comfortable.

The bursitis in my hips seems to be getting worse. I'm debating on whether or not I want to go in and get more steroid shots or not since the one I got didn't do any good. I'm going to take a warm bath and then have Jason massage my legs and then I'm going to ice them. I hope that works. With the exception of Wednesday, my pelvis has been doing pretty good, but I haven't done any walking to speak of and I really haven't done much around the house. The resting definitely helps with that, but when I'm active, watch out. I'm not looking forward to how it's going to feel tomorrow. I may bring my Vicodin and take it if it gets too bad.

Well, I have to try to get Ry down for a nap. He's getting crabby...

No comments: